The Lake Placid CSD is seeking NYS qualified applicants for the position of High School Principal, grades 9-12. The ideal candidate will:
- Prioritize the interests of students, first and foremost
- Lead faculty and staff within a highly collaborative and inclusive school community
- Be an exceptional instructional leader, able to ensure that the curriculum is rigorous, meaningful, relevant, engaging, current, and multi-faceted
- Be an excellent communicator, eager to engage with students, staff, faculty, families, and the community
- Embrace a collaborative style of leadership within a shared grade 6 – 12 building
- Be an active and visible presence during the school day and at athletic and extracurricular events
- Serve as a role model within a culture of mutual respect and positive collaboration
- Promote tolerance, diversity, acceptance, and inclusivity
- Possess unquestionable personal and professional integrity
Candidates for this position should send a letter of interest, resume, application, certifications, undergraduate and graduate transcripts, and letters of reference to:
Dr. Roger P. Catania, Superintendent of Schools
Lake Placid Central School District
50 Cummings Rd.
Lake Placid, NY 12946
Phone: (518) 523-2475
Applications will be accepted through July 20, 2018 - Download Application
**Sixth grade teacher, secondary math with 5-6 extension or elementary certified with math concentration.
***Teaching assistants - preferably NYS certified with experience in a school or educational setting
Instructions for all Lake Placid Central School District vacancies:
Teaching/Administrative/Professional positions should respond to inquiries with introductory letter, resume, application (teacher/administrator below), transcripts, and reference letters.
Civil Service positions should respond to inquiries with introductory letter, resume, and application (CSEA).
Mail to Superintendent, 50 Cummings Road, Lake Placid, NY 12946 or by email to email@example.com
Substitute Dishwasher/Kitchen Workers (2-26-18)
Bus driver, full time (25 hours/week), competitive salary and benefits. (12-20-17)
Substitute Bus Drivers (12-20-17)
School Nurse Substitute (Must have RN License) (12-20-17)
Qualified candidates please send a letter of interest, resume, and complete the CSEA application. Return application materials to Superintendent, 50 Cummings Road, Lake Placid, NY 12946 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Substitutes - Lake Placid Central School is seeking qualified teaching substitutes. Teaching substitutes must have at least 2 years of college. Interested candidates should send a letter of interest, resume, and substitute teacher application (below) to Superintendent, 50 Cummings Road, Lake Placid, New York 12946 or email to email@example.com.